Thursday, May 21, 2009

Welcome to my CSA Recipe Journal!

This is my collection of seasonal recipes that use the ingredients I receive from my CSA!
My Food Philosophy:
There is no "good" food or "bad" food. Food should not be associated with guilt. Food is not "sinful" or "evil." I don't want to hear about food "going straight to your hips" or how you will "redeem" yourself from eating something "evil" by running on a treadmill for so many minutes. I also don't want to hear food described as "low-cal", "low fat", "fat melting", etc. I think it is unhealthy to think of only calories, body image, and guilt when eating. This leads to disordered thinking and disordered eating. Instead, when I eat food I want to be thankful to God for providing the food, be amazed by the miracle of how food grows, appreciate the farmers who grew and raised it, enjoy the process of preparing it, savor the taste of it, know that it is nourishing my body and celebrate the joy of sharing a meal with family and friends. I try to make my meals around fruits, vegetables, truly whole grains, and protein. I think it is important to eat a variety of foods and to try new foods, but I am also a fervent believer in the importance of how a food is grown, harvested and prepared to make it palatable and enjoyable. I believe food should be whole, local, seasonal, organic and homemade whenever possible (especially when it comes to meat and dairy!). This is the philosophy underlying my selection of the recipes found here - so go forth and enjoy healthy eating with joy!

(Also find recipes by ingredient)

No comments:

Post a Comment