Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Preparing for the new season: Part 5

Preserving food!


Sometimes you just can't eat everything you get in one week while it is fresh. Not to mention, that you will also want to enjoy some of this delicious food in the middle of winter. Below are some links I've posted in the past about preserving food in addition to a few new ones. I'd like to learn more about canning but most likely will not as I a) am lazy, b) generally do not like the taste of canned food, and c) like any good medical student, am terrified of botulism and doubt my ability to can properly (see point a) to prevent it.

How to freeze fruits & vegetables
Home canning
Home canning, freezing and drying
Fruit leather recipe
Preserves
Tomato sauce
Roasted Red Peppers
Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Pumpkin puree

New links:
Drying herbs
Guide to freezing fresh produce
Homemade Bouillon

More awesome ideas:
50 ways to never waste food again

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for some time now and I want to thank you for posting so many great links and ideas! It has inspired me to start my own garden this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - that is good to hear! Good luck, I hope your garden turns out great!

    ReplyDelete