Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 1: the first and the last


Today is a very exciting day - not only is it the first pick up of the CSA season but it is also my last day of surgery! I am just not cut out for the OR. I am meant to be in the clinic talking to people all day and delivering a baby now and then. Plus, the hours were so bad these last two months I have hardly cooked (and sometimes hardly eaten) at all and I miss it so much. I am happy to get back into the kitchen and back to eating better. The other exciting thing about the end of surgery is that it marks the beginning of my fourth, and last, year of medical school. This is going to be a good season!

Week 1:
  • D'Avignon French Radishes
  • Red Choy Bok Choy
  • Mixed Baby Lettuces
  • Arugula
  • Pea Shoots
  • Garlic Scallions
  • Strawberries
RECIPES:
Spring salad with radishes and pumpkin seeds
- baby lettuce, arugula, pea shoots, radishes
Baby bok choy with sweet chili sauce and garlic
- bok choy
Strawberry arugula salad with ricotta
- strawberries, arugula

No comments:

Post a Comment