Monday, September 6, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm back from my Indian Health Service rotation in New Mexico. While I've been missing the last four weeks of CSA vegetables in Missouri I got the opportunity to enjoy lots of local New Mexican foods - like the lamb, squash and black bean and goat cheese quesadillas from the Pink Adobe in Santa Fe!


I also got to check out the beautiful Taos farmer's market!

Lots of delicious chili dishes in New Mexico - like these blue corn crusted goat cheese chili rellenos from Doc Martin's in Taos


I also got to eat some delicious local Colorado food at the Cyprus Cafe in Durango, Colorado


And of course I also enjoyed the local fare on the reservation including fry bread, mutton, and kneel down bread. I also brought home some locally milled flour and blue corn meal.

Here are some recipes to try from my New Mexico trip:

Blue cornmeal pancakes
Navajo frybread
New Mexico green chile stew
Green chile cheeseburgers

No comments:

Post a Comment