Saturday, March 13, 2010

Preparing for the new season: part 1

Time to clean up!


In about 2 months the vegetables will start rolling in! Last year was my first year as a member of a CSA and I learned a lot along the way. Now, with a tiny bit more knowledge under my belt, I'm going to be more prepared this year to enjoy my share to its fullest. So in order to pass the time, I'm going to spend the next two months learning more and getting prepared. Step one, though, is going to be cleaning out the kitchen for a fresh start.

Here are some resources for getting cleaned up:

Clean it out!

Make your own cleaning products

Organize your pantry

Organize your fridge

Building a natural foods pantry

One of the many benefits of a deep clean: I discovered some left over pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and strawberries buried deep in my freezer. I will enjoy eating those but I really can't wait for the fresh stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment