Monday, March 22, 2010

Preparing for the new season: Part 2

Check out seasonal cookbooks!


I used to just cook by thinking about whatever I wanted to eat, find a recipe and then go buy the ingredients at the grocery store. Joining the CSA reversed this process for me - the ingredients came to me and then I had to figure out what to do with them! This was initially challenging but I think in the end has actually simplified the process of meal planning for me. Good, seasonal cookbooks have been a great help in this department. Below are some of my favorite seasonal cookbooks that I own and a few that I have been wanting to check out.

The Farm to Table Cookbook by Ivy Manning

EatingWell in Season

Now this one isn't a cookbook organized by season but it is my favorite cookbook of all time:

No comments:

Post a Comment